Home Repair Program
Blue Spruce Habitat for Humanity is excited to offer two different opportunities under our home repair program:
- Home Preservation Projects
- DRCOG Chores Projects
This program aids homeowners with, but is not limited to, repairs such as:
- Board replacement on porches, stairs, or ramps
- Gutter Cleaning
- Basic landscaping (pruning and trimming, weeding, etc.)
- Cleanup, brush/junk removal
- Weather stripping
- And more!
To become a Habitat partner through the Home Preservation Projects, you must:
1. Own the home you are requesting repairs on. The home must reside in our service area which includes the mountain areas of western Jefferson County, Clear Creek County and parts of Park County up to Kenosha Pass.
2. Be able to pay a flat $250 program cost prior to the start of the project.
3. Be willing to partner with Blue Spruce Habitat for Humanity and contribute "sweat equity," helping to improve your home or your neighbor’s home. Each partner family must complete 8 total sweat equity hours. If unable to be on a project site, alternatives may be found.
4. Have an income below the limits seen in the chart below. These guidelines are based off of pre-tax income and includes wages, Social Security, disability, SSI, TANF, and child support. Not sure if you qualify? Contact us!
To apply to the Home Preservation Projects, please click below to download our application and then fill out the application. Completed applications can be submitted to our Repair Program Coordinator through mail or e-mail at the respective addresses listed on the application.
To become a Habitat partner through the DRCOG Chores project, you must:
1. Own the home you are requesting repairs on. The home must reside within the Clear Creek and Jefferson County parts of our service area.
2. Be 60 years of age or above.
To apply to the DRCOG Chores Projects, please contact our Repair Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (303)674-1127 ext.9
Not in our service area? Click here to find your local affiliate
An application does not guarantee acceptance and if a waitlist is created it may be discontinued in the future.
If you are interested in learning more or have questions contact email@example.com or call us at 303-674-1127x9
The following income guidelines are only used in the approval process for the Home Preservation Projects. The DRCOG Chores Projects do not have any income guidelines for approval into the program.