Blue Spruce Habitat for Humanity is excited to offer our community home preservation services so local families can continue to live in safe, healthy, and happy homes for years to come. This program helps to revitalize the appearance of neighborhoods and strengthen community connections by focusing on minor exterior repairs.
This program aids homeowners with, but is not limited to, repairs such as:
- Board replacement on porches, stairs, or ramps
- Door and window replacement
- Landscaping (pruning and trimming, weeding, etc.)
- Cleanup, brush/junk removal
- Weather stripping
- And more!
To become a Habitat partner, you must:
1. Own a home within our service area which includes the mountain areas of western Jefferson County, Clear Creek County and parts of Park County up to Kenosha Pass. Not in our service area? Click here to find your local affiliate!
2. Have an income below the limits seen in the chart below. These guidelines are based off of pre-tax income and includes wages, Social Security, disability, SSI, TANF and child support. Not sure if you'll qualify? Contact us!
3. Be able to pay a flat $250 program cost prior to the start of the project.
4. Be willing to partner with Blue Spruce Habitat for Humanity and contribute "sweat equity," helping to improve your home or your neighbor’s home. Each partner family must complete 8 total sweat equity hours. If unable to be on a project site, alternatives may be found.
If you're interested in learning more or have questions, please contact email@example.com or call us at (303) 674-1127x10
Please note: This is a pilot program and in the coming months we will evaluate the program's future. An application does not guarantee acceptance and if a waitlist is created it may be discontinued in the future.