JOB DESCRIPTION: Site Superintendent
Primary Role: The Site Superintendent coordinates the construction of safe, decent, affordable housing by:
· Supervising and leading on-site construction, including the construction site supervisors and crew leaders, as well as construction volunteers.
· Creating a positive and encouraging work atmosphere.
· Ensuring that safety guidelines are followed on-site and that adequate training is provided to construction team and daily volunteers.
· Being responsible for seeing that homes are built in accordance with applicable building codes.
· Being skilled in detailed techniques and principles of construction, construction scheduling, procurement, budgeting, warranty program and continuous improvement.
· Assist in developing plans and specifications.
· Develop good working relationships with subcontractors.
· Work with various county and municipal staff on inspections and specifications as required.
· Maintain and ensure on time and on-budget completion of homes.
· Ensure that team is meeting all standards related to affiliate green building and energy efficiency practices and other building programs in which the affiliate may be involved.
· Responsibility to provide staffing, volunteer leadership, and adequate materials and tools to create excellent volunteer experiences on construction sites.
· Monitor site recycling, material reuse, and material storage activities.
· Maintain tools and equipment inventory. Coordinate tools and equipment among construction sites.
· Oversee completion of “punch-list” items.
· Conduct walk-through inspection with family upon completion of the home. Work with Assistant Executive Director in providing necessary warranty cards and manuals for the homeowner.
· Work with partner families with call backs, warranty issues, or maintenance advice.
· Coordinate with staff for optimal and efficient volunteer coverage.
· Ensure proper training and instructions on Habitat’s construction practices and safety procedures are given to all volunteers.
· Enforce safety policy and OSHA safety standards on site.
· Recruit, train, and oversee a team of site supervisors and crew leaders to support the building efforts of the affiliate.
· Ability to supervise volunteers with a variety of skill levels and patience to explain and teach various skills.
· Work closely with the Assistant Executive Director, coordinate weekly and monthly schedules as well as long-term planning for volunteer needs.
· Attend All Staff Meetings.
· Turn in paperwork and timesheets in a timely manner.
· Properly code and approve invoices and sales slips for purchased materials and all other construction-related expenses.
· Document in-kind donations and communicate these with the accountants
Skills and Personal Characteristics:
· Dedication to and ability to articulate the mission of Blue Spruce Habitat for Humanity
· Detailed knowledge of techniques and principles of residential construction.
· Knowledge and understanding of local and state building codes.
· Skill in using machines, equipment, and specialized tools used while performing work.
· Ability to plan, schedule, prioritize, coordinate, delegate and manage multiple work activities.
· Demonstrated administrative, communication, financial and leadership skills.
· Attention to detail and overall quality control.
· Technical understanding of land and infrastructure design and ability to read and interpret building plans and specifications.
· Strong organizational and team management skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills, dealing well with a variety of people, personalities and backgrounds.
· Excellent communication and public relations skills.
· Experience in the residential construction industry.
· Experience managing volunteer construction programs.
· Experience managing teams of skilled professionals.
· Basic mathematical aptitude to calculate building measurements, quantities, etc.
· Safety and first-aid training for emergencies on-site.
· Basic computer skills.
· Background check required.
Physical Requirements Necessary to Perform This Job:
Ability to perform in a construction setting – lifting, climbing, working at heights, etc.
Reports to: Construction Manager
Employment Status: Full Time Equivalent
Salary: Competitive pay and benefits package. Compensation is dependent on experience.
Send Resume to George Johnston, Construction Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org