1520 Evergreen Parkway, Evergreen, CO
32 hrs. a week.
Works closely with the Executive Director to develop a comprehensive fundraising strategy to expand philanthropic support for the organization. Manages all components of the development plan including (but not limited to): annual giving, planned giving, corporate and foundation grants, major individual and corporate gifts, and special fundraising events. Manages a corps of volunteers and/or staff members who will assist in the development processes.
Reports to the Executive Director.
· Work with Executive Director to develop appropriate cultivation and solicitation strategies. (Including creation of an annual development plan with measurable fundraising objectives)
· Develop strategies to increase contact with current and prospective individual donors through church and community relations.
· Identify, recruit, and motivate volunteer solicitors; independently manage and coordinate volunteers' development activities, including cultivation and solicitation of major corporate and individual donors.
· Work with Executive Director to write federal, state, corporate and foundation grant proposals.
· Will oversee the updating and ongoing maintenance of the donor and volunteer tracking database.
· Ensure that contact with donors is consistent through the implementation of newsletters, fundraising letters, and regular events.
· Oversee the writing of thank-you letters to donors, special volunteers, politicians, etc
· Organize events that will increase public interest in working with Habitat for Humanity.
· Work with Executive Director to write and publish annual report each year.
· Collaborate with Executive Director, Habitat construction volunteers, the Fundraising Committee, the Communications Committee, and all committees involved in the creation of the website, marketing, tools and press releases to ensure that Blue Spruce Habitat is appropriately positioned.
· Handle supervisory and administrative responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director.
· Assists Executive Director in developing yearly Development Plan and Budget.
Community Relations and Public Awareness
· Work with volunteers to identify individual, corporate, and foundation prospects and make recommendations for research and qualification.
· Work with the volunteer coordinator to identify and interview prospects to assist in resource development.
· Coordinate events that dovetail with development activities including volunteer recognition events, site visits, and ask events for volunteers and prospects. Monitor fundraising committee progress as needed.
· Speak about Habitat to local service organizations, schools and churches.
· Prefer a college graduate with a bachelor’s degree in non-profit management/marketing, or public relations.
· Experience in fundraising in a non-profit environment. Past Habitat for Humanity and Major Donors experience a plus. Dependable person with good work ethic.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent people and relational skills including phone voice and face-to-face communications.
· Team player who desires working in an environment where team concepts are valued and practiced.
· Excellent computer knowledge and skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Microsoft Publisher (or some other publishing program.) Willingness to learn new software programs.
· Habitat for Humanity, International corresponds with its affiliates almost exclusively by e-mail, so proficiency on the Internet is crucial.
· Knowledge of operating productivity equipment such as copiers, scanners, digital cameras, fax machines, adding machines, etc.
· A passion for working in a non-profit ministry that provides home ownership for low-income families.
Blue Spruce Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resumes to Kathleen O’Leary, Executive Director at email@example.com